TERRY MIKE JEFFREY
Veteran singer, multi-instrumentalist and songwriter Terry Mike Jeffrey began singing on stages at the age of 3. Fronting his own band since the early ’70’s, he has performed all over the planet. A unique entertainer singing musical styles from most genres all of his life, Terry Mike is especially known world-wide for his presentation of Elvis Presley’s music. In recent years he has performed the King’s songs with symphony orchestras across the country, including those in Detroit, Jacksonville, Nashville, Birmingham, Denver, St Louis, Knoxville, and over a dozen appearances fronting the Memphis Symphony. With the blessings of Graceland/EPE, and the original orchestra charts from the official Elvis archives, he and his band blend with full orchestras in presenting their salute to the King of Rock & Roll, minus the impersonator element. Terry Mike is also a frequent guest deejay and performer on Sirius/XM’s Elvis Radio, and routinely sings with Elvis’ former band members and background singers. He sings and performs regularly at the Badgett Playhouse Theater in Grand Rivers, KY.
Terry Mike Jeffrey’s other career highlights include:
- – 1997 Emmy Award nomination (songwriting for TV’s “Sesame Street”)
- – Live performances in Italy, France, Germany, Sweden, Norway, Switzerland, England, Belgium, Holland, Denmark, Russia, Canada, and Hawaii
- – Musical director and starring role in “Elvis – An American Musical”, a New York-produced multi-media show from the producers of “Grease” and “Beatlemania”. Toured the US & Canada with a Broadway run in the late ’80’s. His other musical theater adventures include regional productions of “Beehive”, “Hairspray”, “Always Patsy Cline” and a 2-year run in “Stand By Your Man – The Tammy Wynette Story”, which was featured for extended runs at Nashville’s Ryman Auditorium 2001-2002
- – 56 performances on TNN’s “Music City Tonight w/Crook & Chase” (mid ’90’s). A regular solo vocalist and musician on the show, TMJ shared the stage with country music legends such as Eddy Arnold, Shania Twain, Ray Price, Toby Keith, Kenny Chesney, and Chet Atkins
- – Critical praise from the New York Times, Variety, Billboard Magazine, Los Angeles Times, Ottawa Citizen, Houston Post, Nashville Banner, Memphis Commercial Appeal, Music City News
- – Feature articles in USA Today, People Magazine, Country Weekly
- – Network TV appearances on NBC’s “Today Show” (twice!), “CBS This Morning”, CNN’s “Show Biz Today”, and “Live with Regis and Kathie Lee”
- – World-wide radio interviews, including London, England’s BBC, Sirius/XM satellite radio
- – Live shows with such stars as Priscilla Presley, Jewel, Dixie Chicks, Fats Domino, Fabian, Travis Tritt, Carl Perkins, Steve Wariner, Jerry Lee Lewis, Boots Randolph, Billy Ray Cyrus, Jose Feliciano, Juice Newton, The Jordanaires, The Guess Who, Ricky Skaggs, Leon Russell, and the 2002 American Idol top 3
Terry Mike has recorded 13 full CD albums which can be found along with information about upcoming shows on his web site –www.terrymike.com TMJ & his wife (since 1973), Debbie (long-time band member), still reside in their hometown of Paducah, KY. They have two children and 6 grandchildren.